Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Still in East Texas

     This is what you do on a Saturday morning in East Texas, tie dye a tee shirt with red clay that you collected from the trail in the woods. We made a mess, got muddy and had a ball. I know I need to work on my technique but at least I have real 'red dirt' souvenir! 
     Last week was again a time of new insights, personal growth and a deeper understanding of God's purpose and plan for my life.  We discussed living and working in harmony and conflict resolution, things that I will definitely need to be aware of as I transition to life on the ship.  All of our teachers have been with this organization for many years and have served on the ship, they speak from a broad range of experiences and with a sincere heart to help us understand, grow spiritually and live in the spirit of Mercy Ships.
     I am convinced that the foundation and survival of Mercy Ships is because of prayer.  The people I have met here are authentic, humble and giving and they don't do anything without asking for God's guidance. It truly is a remarkable place to be!
      Just sixteen more days and we leave for the Congo! I'm getting anxious but I know that God is using this time to get me as prepared as possible. 
     Thank you for all the support and prayers, I couldn't nor wouldn't do this without all of you. This is a team effort.  Oh yeah, we are building another ship, due to be in service in 2018....... great opportunities await!
                                                      Serving with Joy!